Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Quick baby gift



I'm pleased with how this super-easy flannel receiving blanket turned out! It only took about 1 1/2 hours total, and it's so soft. I made it for the baby of another quilting-mom, and since it gets to be in the 100s degree-wise here, I didn't add any batting, so she can use it as a carrier-cover or just a lay-on-the-ground blankie for hanging out. My daughter helped me with the design, using three different flannels and the fun brown rickrack to dress it up a bit. Sometimes don't you just love a fast finish?!

2 comments:

  1. I have always loved blues and browns together, since I was a child. Can you post a tutorial for this? I need easier baby blankets for friends. I usually make quilts, and I can't keep up. Too many babies are being born in our lives. That's a good problem to have. :) Babies make the world happier.

    I like your music.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My daughter just went and saw Paramore last night in Tampa. I've been listening to your music for an hour now. LOL

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me...what's going on?!