Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Roses are red...


Two kids + free time = arguing. So...I sent them outside to cut some flowers, and they came back with these beauties. And, they have a story. The medium orange-ish roses started out in tiny little pots over 10 years ago, sitting in baskets on the tables at our wedding open house in March 1999. My grandfather asked for the little flowers, re-planted them, nurtured them, and brought them back to us a few months later and planted them in our backyard. Now that is special because my grandfather is now in a care facility, with Alzheimer's, and doesn't remember too much--except that he loves my grandmother (who passed away a couple of years ago) and flowers. Flowers have been a life-long passion for him. He is still alive, but we miss him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me...what's going on?!